Friday, December 14, 2012

Personification Exercise: Conversation with a Gingerbread House





Personification is where you give a non-living object characteristics of a person.  When people say the dessert is calling their name, they are using personification.

Write a conversation between you and a gingerbread house. 

I used this lesson today to practice dialogue and introduce personification. 


Conversation with a Gingerbread House
By Mary Bauer
"Oh, Gingerbread House,
You taunt me.
You look delicious."
"You want me?
I'm not very good."

"You are."
"Your little sister licked her fingers
all the while she built me."
"Never mind."

"Exercises in Personification" is $3 in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  This product contains five more lessons using personification.
This is also available in my Teachers Notebook Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...