Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls by Meg Cabot



At a recent parent conference, I recommended this series for one of my fourth grade girls.  After reading several books by Meg Cabot, I notice she has a knack for illustrating the issues that girls in particular face.  This series is most appropriate for the nine to eleven-year-old crowd.

Allie has a good set of friends in the series, but they have the typical conflicts friends have.  In each book another girl is the antagonist to Allie's protagonist.  Bullying can look different depending upon the individuals involved.  In each book the conflict is settled in a satisfying and realistic way.

Here is a free printable form for seeing an event from different points of view.


For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...