Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Trouble with May Amelia by Jennifer L. Holm


If you haven't read the May Amelia books by Jennifer L. Holm, I definitely recommend them...especially if you live in Washington State.  May Amelia lives in south western Washington in 1900.  She is the only girl in her Finnish immigrant farming family.  

May Amelia Jackson struggles to be a proper young lady.  I found a character my students could relate to set in a place a decade after Washington became a state.

Here is a free printable graphic organizer where students consider daily tasks in the past and present.  Then they imagine what those tasks would be like in the future.

For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...