Friday, January 1, 2016

Four Ways to Solve a Conflict

I find that teaching directly some skills for resolving conflict help the learning climate in my classroom.  Most solutions fit into four categories: passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive, and assertive.  I want my students to learn to be assertive: telling the truth respectfully.

This is a printable copy of a larger anchor chart I create when teaching problem-solving skills in an upper elementary class.  I refer to this chart when discussing hypothetical situations and possible solutions.  I want students to realize that they have control over their responses to conflict and that some responses will be more effective than others.

To download Four Ways to Resolve Conflict, please click here.

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...