Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Testing 1, 2, 3



I'm a little late this morning with my post...life happens.

There are two versions of each unit test in our math curriculum.  I use one as a pretest and one as a post test.  My students didn't know very much about statistics at the beginning of this unit.  I received a lot of question marks, "I don't know", and "I don't know yet." (Thank you Growth Mindset.)

One student circled the words statistical question on the first page of the test and wrote, "Why is this a thing?"

And then there was the response shown above (edited so you can read it):

"Mountains have gaps and peaks.  More out = outlier.  A cluster of donuts. (Hey, I haven't the faintest idea. :)"

I hope he doesn't answer this way on the SBA this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...