Friday, February 10, 2012

Privileges and Coupons -- My Incentive System


I started giving out privileges the day after the school kitchen ran out of hot food and half of my students ate cold cereal for breakfast and lunch.  After an afternoon of mutiny, I decided we all needed to refocus on the positive.
Privileges are little squares of paper that can be traded for extra opportunities in the school day.  They can be spent on a night off from homework, extra computer time, extra art time, and reading in the hallway when finished with other work.  Notice that none of these rewards cost me any money.  They have to be spent at an agreed to time between teacher, student, and in the case of homework coupons, parents.

I have posted this as a freebie at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...