Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Savvy by Ingrid Law

I loved the premise of this book: members of Mississippi Beaumont’s family receive a special talent on their thirteenth birthday.  This power has the potential to be helpful and harmful. 

At the beginning of the book, Mississippi  (Mibs) is about to turn thirteen and receive her “Savvy” when tragedy strikes the family.  She spends her important birthday with people who don’t know about the family heritage.  This creates misunderstandings and a surprise road trip.  Will Mississippi learn to control this new power and solve the problems she has created?




 I gave this book a blue ribbon based on my new rating scale.  I want to share this book next year with all my students.


To see more about my rating scale click here.
Connect with me on Goodreads.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...