Monday, November 12, 2012

100% Participation

I just had to celebrate something that doesn't happen very often -- at least in my world.  This year I had 100% participation in parent conferences.  I can't remember a year when every child in my class had a parent who came to parent teacher conferences.  There are some children whose parents I never met.  I would try to contact them, but we never connected.

The other half of this celebration is that no parent was surprised at what I shared at the conference.  Some years I have shared evidence that a child is not at standard and received anger.  (Then I went to the previous teachers to find out this was a habitual response.)  I am excited about what can happen in a class where parents and teachers are truly working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...