Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dumpling Days by Grace Lin


I discovered the author Grace Lin the year my niece was adopted from Taiwan.  I enjoy reading her Pacy Lin series which is somewhat autobiographical.  I have learned a little about Taiwan and one family's celebrations through Grace Lin's writing and subscribe to her newsletter. 

 
Dumpling Days is about the Lin's family month in Taiwan visiting family.  Pacy is honest about her struggles with being Taiwanese and American.  Her descriptions of the food make me hungry.

Here is a descriptive writing graphic organizers based on the five senses.  Students can use it to analyze Lin's description of a family gathering or use it to develop their own writing.

For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...