Monday, April 29, 2013

Testing Week Two


This week we finish our state testing.  I thought I would show you a picture of the poster we created with our Endurance and Encouragement slips. (Click here to read the original post about Endurance and Encouragement.  The Encouragement slips here are a Google Doc.)  I am using the poster to cover some of the anchor charts the students can't see while they are testing.

Our testing is going okay.  I tell my students in advance that they will hear me say:
"I'm sorry I can't answer that question." 
"Read the directions to yourself.  I trust you to make a good choice." 
"Make sure you check every page and answer every question."

When we were done testing for the day last Wednesday, one of my students asked if I was back to being their teacher now.  It's a good description of my role.

On an unrelated note, I took some time this weekend to finish two new writing genre units: Writing Historical Fiction and Writing Science Fiction.  They are both available in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...