Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Punished by David Lubar



My school librarian and I had a recent conversation about how underrated this book is.  I love reading this book aloud to my students and it is a great way to introduce several literary devices: puns, anagrams, and oxymorons to name a few.

Logan accidentally bumps into a professor in the basement of a library.  He is "punished" by uncontrollably speaking in puns every time he opens his mouth.  Will he be able to find the other literary devices in time to break the curse?

Click here for a free printable vocabulary worksheet for students to collect words from any book they are reading.
For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful read to build vocabulary and teach interpretation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...