Friday, August 30, 2013

Finding a Focus: Leader in Me




Next Wednesday, I open my twenty-third full time classroom.  Last year was a great year, but four of the previous five years were difficult to say the least.  I want to continue to be a positive person at my school.



This year, I have decided to pick a professional focus just for me.  This goal isn't a part of Common Core.  It will influence my classroom culture so it may become part of my evaluation goals.  I know there are other teachers who will be working on this, but I'm doing this simply because I want to.

A few years ago a group of us read The Leader in Me: How Schools and Parents Around the World Are Inspiring Greatness, One Child at a Time ; about how one school incorporated Dr. Stephen Covey's Seven Habits into daily school life.  Last year another group of teachers conducted a book group.  This year we are investigating getting the grant for next year.

I have decided I'm not going to wait.  I want to begin discussing these habits with my students and collecting materials to support them.  I would love to hear from other teachers and schools who have started the process.


Freebie Fridays

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...