Monday, September 30, 2013

Freelance Writing and Store News

I have always been a writer from the scrap paper books I made in the kitchen while my mother cooked.  Recently my stepdaughter shared with me that Harper Lee was given money to stop working for a year and write anything she wanted to.  The result was To Kill a Mockingbird.

I look at my bank balance and sigh.  There is no way I can take a year off to write as much as I might want to.  I must be content with "writing in the margins."  Finding the time between a busy job and a busy family to scratch out blog posts and freelance curriculum.

The part of writing I hate the most is marketing.  I love creating and hope that someone out there will love what I have created enough to buy it, but I don't like anything resembling sales.   I know others will know what I'm talking about.

So it is with reluctance that I share my newest paid product: Math Spies Coded Messages.  This unit teaches students about factor tables and then they use it to solve coded messages.  My students love it.  The factor tables and puzzles increase in difficulty...and yes, I included an answer key. It's available in my Teachers Notebook store also.

Over the next few months I have plans to update much of what is in my Teachers Pay Teachers and Teachers Notebook Stores.  I don't want to become one of those bloggers whose every post seems to be an advertisement.  If you're here for the freebies, I don't blame you.  Show up next Friday and see what I have planned.  It's a multiplication game my students have been playing to practice math facts.  Yes, it's free.

As always, I hope you enjoy using these activities with your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...