Monday, December 9, 2013

What Are You Doing? A Drama Game


Last Monday, I wrote about Drama Club, why I started it and the skills that I am working on with this group.  Today I want to share a popular drama game called "What are you doing?"

One student starts the game by pantomiming an activity.  Another student approaches the first student and says, "What are you doing?"  The first student says a different activity and the second activity must then pantomime that action.

For example:

First student pretends to row a boat.

The second student walks up and says, "What are you doing?"

The first student says, "Painting a fence."

The second student pretends to paint a fence while thinking about a different action for the next student to act out.

Although adults and older teens can manage to take turns without a moderator, I have found that third through sixth graders need me to call on them so the actor is not mobbed.

This activity practices concentration, cooperation, and staying in character when you are not speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...