Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Lincoln's Grave Robbers by Steve Sheinkin


I discovered this author this summer and I am in the process of reading everything in print he has written.  I am not a history book fan, but he chooses incidents that are not well-known and shares these accounts in such an engaging way that they were more entertaining than some of the fictional stories I read this summer.

I had never heard about the plot to steal Abraham Lincoln's body and hold it for ransom.  I don't want to give away too much, but it involves counterfeiters and the Secret Service.  I plan to share this as a whole class read aloud, because it is such a well-written informational text.

Here is a police report form students can use to launch a related writing assignment.

    
To see more about my rating scale click here.
Connect with me on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...