Friday, June 24, 2016

A Student's Sestina Poetry Printable






A sestina is a poetry form with six stanzas of six lines each and a short three lined stanza at the end called an envoi.  Each line ends with one of six words.

I wrote "A Student's Sestina" about a student who would rather ride a skateboard than study.  When I shared this with students, some said, "I didn't know that poetry could tell a story."  We analyzed the poem for the elements of story: characters, setting, problem, and resolution.

To download a printable copy of "A Student's Sestina", please click here.


This poem is in School Poems for Poetry Notebooks. This eBook contains thirty-seven original poems.

School Poems for Poetry Notebooks is available in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.
School Poems for Poetry Notebooks is also available in my Teacher's Notebook store.

Happy Friday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...