Friday, June 3, 2016

Main Idea Freebie


A couple of weeks ago, I shared a simple graphic organizer about collecting evidence to support the theme of a book.  This week I wanted to share a graphic organizer I created for collecting evidence to support the main idea of a book.

Elementary students often confuse main idea and theme.  I tell them that main idea is specific to the book's plot and characters.  Theme is the life lesson of the book.

To download the main idea graphic organizer shown above, please click here.

I recently updated the product below to include both new graphic organizers.

Graphic Organizers for Reading Literature is available in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.
Graphic Organizers for Reading Literature is available in my Teacher's Notebook store.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...