Monday, August 27, 2012

I Changed My Mind

Last week I attended a district professional development day.  Different teachers in our district signed up to give the sessions and I enjoyed hearing from people in the classroom using the materials I am required to use.

I realized that I have had some misconceptions when I thought about the Daily 5 and CAFE:
  • I thought it was more appropriate for the primary grades
  • I thought it was a canned program that wouldn't allow for the creativity I like to bring to my teaching.
After listening to some teachers who are successfully implementing this program in their classrooms, I realized that I was wrong on both counts.  I have ordered the books and I will keep you posted on the results.

I would love to hear from other teachers who teach fourth, fifth or sixth grade who are successfully using these programs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...