Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Seer of Shadows by Avi

My students often complain that I don't have enough ghost stories in my classroom library.  This summer I discovered a ghost story that I would be willing to have in my room.


 
Avi writes quality historical fiction with interesting characters.  The main character has been brought up in a very scientific home.  He is apprenticed to a photographer who is more interested in getting money from his wealthy customers than working at his craft.  When the photographer wants to fool one of his customers into believing he has taken a picture of her dead daughter, Horace notices something about the image that can't easily be explained.

I have created a free character sketch form to go with this and any other novel.



To find out more about my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...