Wednesday, June 11, 2014

How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell



This Friday the movie How to Train Your Dragon 2 will be in theaters.  This franchise is popular with many of my students.  Cressida Cowell has written several books in this series.


The series follows Hiccup the "dragon whisperer" and his dragon, Toothless.  I was first introduced to these books nine or ten years ago when a very reluctant reader brought in the first book to school.  He shared with others and soon half my class was reading the series.

The movie and the TV shows are different from the books, but good in their own right.  I can nudge my fantasy loving readers toward this series unequivocally.

If you want to compare and contrast the books with the movies, here is a graphic organizer.


For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...