Friday, November 28, 2014

Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers


Last week I shared a short set of fraction quizzes with an answer key.  I focused on fractions of a group.  This week I am sharing a similar set of quizzes where students convert improper fractions to mixed numbers and vice versa.  I have included an answer key as I do with all my math products.

I did not write the directions on the quiz to save room.  Please tell the students (or write it on the board) that if they see an improper fraction, they convert it to a mixed number.  If they see a mixed number, they convert it to a fraction.  I know this may seem blatantly obvious, but having tried these out on actual students, I found I needed to be explicit in my directions.

Another quiz in this series is located on this post: Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Like Denominators.



TBA

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...