Monday, November 24, 2014

Worlds Colliding


A few weeks ago I was standing on the sidewalk outside of school monitoring the students as they get into cars, when a student asked me about my missing goldfish.  I was puzzled a moment and then realized that his teacher must have found and used The Case of the Missing Goldfish.  He told me about how he used the picture clues to solve the mystery.  His teacher, my colleague, found it on Pinterest.

When I first started blogging, I felt weird about having colleagues read my work.  I never tried to hide it, but I didn't advertise either. The longer I blog, the more people in my real life notice my online one. 

This year at an all district training several colleagues told me they had looked at my Teachers Pay Teachers store and seen my work on Pinterest.  They wondered if I was making millions of dollars yet.

Um, no...more like pizza money.

One of the first grade teachers at my school finds teaching materials from Classroom Freebies and Classroom Freebies Too and posts them on Facebook.  I don't think she realized that I contribute to Classroom Freebies Too until she had downloaded one of my products. 

I must be getting more comfortable with all of this.  This fall at Parent Night, I mentioned I had a teaching blog to share ideas and book reviews.  No one seemed surprised.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I love this post. It's such a roller coaster ride putting yourself (or your words, at least) out there for all the world to see. Clearly your colleagues and parents respect you and accept that you have genuine, wonderful contributions to make to your class of children and the wider educational community. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. I appreciate your encouraging words.
      Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...