Monday, February 1, 2016

My Current Assignment--ELL


Although I returned to teaching as a substitute teacher, right away I started to get offers of long-term work.  Currently I am teaching the English Language Learners at the school I was at for the last six years.

I find it interesting what commercial curriculum companies think students new to our country need to know.  Like all the other highly-scripted programs I have used, the writers must think that all students who are learning English are all the same.  (Picture the car commercial with the car-shaped cookies baking in the oven.)

One page had a picture of South America that was labelled Africa.  

Frequent readers of this blog won't be surprised that I'm creating lessons as I go.  I hope to share some of them with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...