Monday, February 8, 2016

Who Are "They" Anyway?

I have noticed a mysterious group of people who are constantly putting obstacles in my path.  I want to be this creative passionate teacher, but "they" are sucking the joy right out of teaching and learning.

"They" keep coming up with new rules for me to follow.  "They" won't let me get a class pet.  "They" made me take the futon home.  "They" want me to read the script from the adopted curriculum and stick to the pacing calendar.  "They" would prefer I don't schedule any field trips.

I have discovered if I keep asking who "they" are and begin holding individual decision-makers responsible for their decisions, some of those obstacles disappear.  

It's time to put accountability in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...