Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Something to Hold by Katherine Schlick Noe


I loved this book.  It may be because I know this area of Oregon and started traveling through there a little bit after the years this story is set.  It may be that I just adored the main character, Kitty.

Kitty lives on the Warm Springs Reservation as a white child on tribal lands.  She experiences the cultural tensions and prejudices going on at this time.

Katherine Schlick Noe writes based on her experiences living in this area in the early 60s.  I highly recommend this book for intermediate grades.

Here is a graphic organizer for students to brainstorm a daily event and how they might be different in the past, present, and future.


To find out more about my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...