Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Favorite Read Aloud # 10 -- The Lightning Thief


To find the beginning of this series, click here.

I considered titling this post "Favorite Read Aloud # 10 -- Anything by Rick Riordan."  I abandoned that idea because even though my students are enthralled with his stories, it would be unlikely that anyone would read all of his work aloud in one school year.

I choose The Lightning Thief because it is the beginning of the first series Riordan wrote introducing the characters and the story world.  I can teach my students Greek Mythology.  We discuss character development and plot.  Just about any reading and thinking strategy I am teaching can be taught authentically in this great story line.

Here is a printable story board students can use to summarize the events in a chapter.

For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...