Monday, September 3, 2012

Have you ever missed the first day of school?



Our first day of school is this Wednesday.  A few weeks ago a family member began showing signs of serious illness -- serious enough that I wondered if I would miss the first day of school.

In twenty-two years, I have missed only two: my father's death and a case of intense food poisoning.  Each of those days, I had an intern that I had prepared who could help cover.  Each of those days I had my own first day of school where I set the tone for the year.

Life happens.

4 comments:

  1. I actually missed the first day this year. My own daughter was starting kindergarten on that very same day....and I went to be with her.

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,
      I bet you both are glad you went. The first day of kindergarten only happens once.

      Delete
  2. Mary - I was in the ER the weekend before school started. Then, I headed back. I missed 2 3/4 days of the first week due to major health issues. Now I'm trying to get the follow-ups after school. I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kristi,
      I pray you fully recover. What a rough way to start a school year.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...