Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Scat by Carl Hiaasen


I have to confess that I don't like Carl Hiaasen's books for adults, but I do enjoy his books for 9-12 year olds.  His characters are unusual and the plot is over the top, but I found myself turning the pages quickly to see what happens next.



A teacher disappears on a field trip to a swamp different people have reasons for keeping a secret of one kind or another.  How Hiaasen mixes the events and characters together is entertaining.

Here is a free printable called Elements and Events for students to keep track of important characters and happenings in the plot.
For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs.Bauer,
    I am interested in your opinion about this book and what you like about it.
    I am also interested in why you chose to read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lexy,
      I chose to read Scat because it was nominated for several awards. I read about a book a week to see what my students might be interested in. I love reading and sharing books with other readers.
      I kept reading the book, because I liked the mystery of what happened to the teacher. I made some guesses while I was reading and I was surprised at how it turned out.
      Do you have a book you think I should read? I am always looking for good books to read.
      Sincerely,
      Mrs. Bauer

      Delete
  3. Dear Ms. Bauer,

    What is your opinion about the book. If you want to comment about here is my blog address. http://nathaliasfunblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...