Friday, August 1, 2014

Currently August with Farley

 
Somewhere today I read that August is the Sunday of summer.  Yes, it is.  I am getting ready to go back and see my colleagues and the students.  I am not ready for the "professional development" and the new administrative policies.  I don't even know what they all are yet, I just know I am not ready for them.

Today is August 1 which means it's time for my favorite teacher blog party: Currently with Oh' Boy 4th Grade.  I love the rule of three where I visit the two blogs ahead of me and the one after me.  I always visit more than that and there are certain teachers I look for to see what they are up to.

Here's what I'm doing right now:
Currently I'm listening to quiet.  I've been getting a lot of blogging done this afternoon and it's so nice.
I'm loving that a few clouds are moving in to cool things down just a bit.
I'm thinking about what to make for dinner, but hoping we just go out.
I need to vacuum.  (No explanation necessary.)
Teachers go back for training August 19.  I am looking forward to seeing the other teachers, because I work with amazing people.  I'm hoping something has planned more for us to do than read along with Powerpoint and sharing "policies that are best for kids" that really just squeeze the joy out of my job.
My students come back September 3.  I can't wait to meet my new group.  I have so much I want to share with them this year.

Happy back to school.  If you stop by, leave a comment and I will be sure to visit you back.



9 comments:

  1. I've been doing a lot of blogging and working on the computer as well...no quiet for me though as I have stupid TV on in the background all the time. Hope you have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you have a good school year also. Some days I like having a little noise going. Some tasks require quiet.

      Delete
  2. I really thought this summer would be the summer of me cooking! Just went to our local gourmet market and picked up green chile turkey loaf, green beans and rosemary roasted potatoes. Yummy and too easy. Can't make this a habit. I vote for going out . . . it is Friday! :)
    The Techie Playground 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dinner sounds delicious. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. The "Sunday of Summer". Love that! I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am for sure a 'let's go out instead' kind of girl. Indecision is the worst. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    Kristin
    That Fancy Blog Boutique
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ended up going out. It was a good decision for everybody.

      Delete
  5. Hi Mary,

    I was listening to quiet, too, when I did my Currently post. Sometimes it's just nice to have silence. :)

    We have tons of professional development this month - starting tomorrow - ugh.

    Hope you got to go out to eat on Friday!
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did go out to eat Friday. I hope you get some good ideas from your professional development. Miracles can happen. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...