Friday, November 14, 2014

Character Strengths and Weaknesses



Last week I shared a graphic organizer I use to help students analyze characters.  This week I want to share a different perspective on the same skill.  For every character trait, there is usually a strength and a weakness.  Even a positive attribute can produce bad results in certain circumstances.

 
 
As we read through a novel or a biography together, students record a character and the trait that creates problems and/or solutions for that character.  This graphic organizer could be the basis for an anchor chart.

To download the Character Strengths and Weaknesses form above, please click here.


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your freebie on TBA.
    Arlene
    LMN Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been working on character traits in my 7th grade class - I really like the idea of organizing by strengths and weaknesses. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seventh grade students can probably understand how a strength can also be a weakness. It's still a reach for fourth graders. I'm glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of using it to show kids that character traits aren't all positive or all negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Originally I got the idea from a fiction-writing class.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...