Monday, June 1, 2015

Math Spies: Reclaiming Chaos Compound -- Math Problem Solving

Math Spies is my math problem-solving website where I have posted every Wednesday morning this school year.  Reclaiming Chaos Compound is a series of seven problems where students need to record all of the factor pairs of a number. 

I use problems like these to help my students make sense of problems and communicate completely their answers.  I tell them that if I handed their paper to another teacher who wasn't in the room, that teacher should be able to understand how they solved the problem.

Here are the links to the seven problems:

Update: I recently expanded this unit so students solve the problems and analyze others' mistakes.  

Math Spies Problem Solving with Factor Pairs is available for purchase here in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

This product is also available in my Teacher's Notebook store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...