Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Second Trial by Rosemarie Boll


The Second Trial's main character Danny reminds me of some students who have appeared in my class angry at everyone.  Danny's father has abused his mother so much, that Danny, his mother and his little sister enter a witness protection program.  Danny cannot believe his father is so terrible and rebels.

I read this book to understand.  I grew up with two parents in the same community I teach in now.  I work with some students who want good relationships with their parents even when their parents' actions show lack of care and concern.

As the story progresses, Danny's character changes.  Here is a graphic organizer for readers to track their changes in thinking about the book.
 


For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...