Monday, June 17, 2013

Field Day 2013

Last week was field day.  At our school, the P. E. teachers create stations and teachers walk their classes from station to station and supervise. 

I started observing my students through a different lens.  There were those who were content with the activity that we were at.  There were those who were constantly looking ahead to see what was next.  There were those who were distracted with other concerns.  Only the first group really enjoyed field day.

Tomorrow is the last day of school.  When I look at the school year, I realize I have responded in each of these three ways at times this year.  Some days, I am looking ahead so much I'm not paying attention to what I am doing now.  Some days, I am sick or tired or hungry or in desperate need of a bathroom break and I have trouble focusing.  The times I am most content are when I am focused on what I am teaching this group of students right now.  It's not that I don't plan or take care of personal needs.  I just need to spend more time in this moment with these students.

I have enjoyed this class of students.  I only have a few more moments with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...