I want a balance this summer between work and play, so I made a list of what I want to accomplish, with room.
1. Summer Theater Workshop -- this is becoming a tradition. I help out a creative husband and wife team who lead this two week workshop for middle school and high school students. I learn so much every year.
2. Writing Goals -- I have curriculum, blog posts, and fiction I want to write. I am creating a weekly schedule so I can stay on track, but I'm setting what I think are reasonable goals.
3. Ecclesiastes -- my stepdaughter and her friends are in their senior year of high school or in their freshman year of college this fall. This book has a lot of wisdom in it. My theme is there are some experiences you can learn vicariously through the mistakes of others.
4. Walking -- I need to get back on an exercise plan.
5. Water -- I find I don't drink enough water during the school year, because using the restroom isn't convenient.
6. Professional goals -- I have a class I need to take and I will begin reviewing Common Core this summer, too. I don't want these goals to take over my life.
Have a good summer.