Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Favorite Read Aloud # 4 -- Frindle by Andrew Clements


I read this book aloud to teach my students the power of words and to explore the idea that one person can have a huge impact.  In fifth grade, we begin writing persuasive essays.  Learning to influence others positively is a theme in this book.


Nick Allen starts out by rebelling against his vocabulary teacher Mrs. Granger.  The battle between two strong wills teaches both of them some lessons.

New (June 2014): I just included a graphic organizer called Elements and Events that helps students determine the important characters and events in the book.  Click here for Elements and Events.


This post is a part of my series Four Reasons Why I Read Aloud. 

Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...