Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park



I remember hearing stories of the Lost Boys of Sudan in the 1990s.  A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park is based on one young man's journey from his village destroyed by war, to the refuge camps, and finally to New York where the author interviewed him.  In between the chapters of Salva's experiences, Park writes about Nya and her daily eight hour walk to get water for her family.

I am considering this as a read aloud this year with my fourth graders -- especially if we do a related service project.  This book motivated me to consider something that I take for granted: water on tap.


For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...