Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Graverobber's Apprentice by Allan Stratton


The Graverobber's Apprentice by Allan Stratton reads like a novel length fairy tale. Hans washed ashore in a wooden box and was adopted by a grave robber. He meets Angela, a young countess who is trying to avoid a cruel marriage.  The two team up to defeat evil and meet interesting characters along the way.

I did guess part of the plot (which I will not reveal here because I hate spoilers). I still found this a fun read and have in mind the type of students I will recommend it to: strong fifth grade readers and above.

I just linked up with Dilly Dabbles Book Share Wednesdays.

   
For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...