Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Ungifted by Gordon Korman


Ungifted by Gordon Korman is about a student who ends up in the district gifted program by mistake.  Donovan Curtis just avoids getting in trouble in his previous school so he looks forward to hiding out in the new school.

I was looking forward to reading this book because of the school where I teach.  We have both a highly capable program and a program for the students in the neighborhood in the elementary school where I teach.  In each unit, there are different classrooms for each program.  Students share lunch and recess times.

I didn't find the book completely realistic, but I don't think it was intended to be.  (There is a whole sequence of events where the students study a pregnancy to get health credit, for example.) What I did find realistic was how regardless of how the students performed on a test, they formed relationships and alliances to help each other out.



For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...