Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Notorious Benedict Arnold by Steve Sheinkin


Last week I reviewed Steve Steinkin's King George: What was his problem?  This week I want to share a book by the same author about the same time period, but more appropriate for older students -- middle school and above.

The Notorious Benedict Arnold explains how a patriot became a traitor.  I remember being bored in history classes growing up and I probably would have done better if someone like Steinkin had been my instructor.  I love finding out about people and what motivates them.  Benedict Arnold was really a hero in the War of Independence.  This book explains how his misstep makes sense in the context of the situation.



For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...