Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Time-Travel with Exceptional Americans by Rush Limbaugh


Yes, that Rush Limbaugh has written a series of books for children.  (I know some of you may unfollow me for confessing I read the book.  I have a diverse audience.)

I read the three books because I am always looking for fiction based on this time period.  Of the three I liked the second one featured above: Rush Revere and the First Patriots.

Rush Revere is a substitute teacher for a middle school history class.  He takes a small group of students time-traveling to sites of early American history with the help of Liberty, a talking horse.  The illustrations include photographs of artifacts from this time period.

 
When it comes to assigning a ribbon, I would definitely consider the political makeup of my classroom.  There wasn't much about the books that would upset anyone except the name of the author.











For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...