Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla


Ivan lived in a shopping mall in Tacoma, Washington until people who cared got involved.  This picture book is based on the same true events as the novel The One and Only Ivan also written by Katherine Applegate.

This is an excellent text to use to teach students the power of individuals who write and share their opinions.

When I have introduced persuasive writing to upper elementary students, I teach them about writing short business letters to real audiences.  This template for a business letter is a part of my Letters That Matter unit.  You can download the template for free by clicking here.



For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...