Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Three Ways to Survive Back to School Meetings


I hate meetings.

I don't enjoy talking about the work.  I want to do the work.

We talk in circles for the designated amount of time. We accomplish nothing.  

Sometimes I think we have a meeting so we can check off that we have had a certain number of meetings.

Today is the day of back-to-school meetings.  I thought I would share a few of my strategies I use to survive.

1. Drink plenty of water.  This keeps me alert and also gives me a reason to excuse myself every 45-60 minutes.

2. Bring a pen and notebook.  I do take some notes, but I also can write my own to-do list in the margins.  This is the old school way of having an extra browser window open.

3. Focus on the people in the room.  There are some good reasons for having face-to-face conversations.  I adore my colleagues and will be glad to spend time with them.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...