Monday, October 13, 2014

Amusement Park Lines without the Fun


Since last spring I have spent so much time in doctor's waiting rooms, I started creating a rubric to rate them. (Only a teacher would think this way.) No one had anything life-threatening, so I've had a little time to observe the medical system.

It reminds me of those amusement park lines that go through a maze of fences for hours to get to the ride.  You have to follow the maze regardless the size of the crowd.  It is designed to keep large groups of people in order for long periods of time.

My husband was hurt at work and he has to go through a bureaucracy regardless of how he responds to the check list of treatment some administrator in an office somewhere has prescribed. 

My mom told me that her last appointment was a checklist for Medicare.  If she had a question that wasn't on the list, she had to make another appointment.

Just as the efficiency is designed for the system not for the patients,  the education system seems to serve the system not the students and their families.

It's just so frustrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...