Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bomb by Steve Sheinkin


I mentioned in a previous post how much I enjoyed reading Steve Sheinkin's history books this summer.  He focuses on the personalities and the narrative of the events and makes it interesting.  Bomb: The Race to Build -- and Steal -- the World's Most Dangerous Weapon reads like a spy thriller. 
Sheinkin does not assume his readers know all about World War II, but he shares enough background information to make the development of the atomic bomb relevant.  He doesn't lecture his students, but presents the urgency that the scientists felt.
Every year I have students who are interested in World War II.  I know they will enjoy this book.
For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

2 comments:

  1. This is a popular book in my class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would believe that. Have you read anything by this author?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...