Monday, October 6, 2014

What Can I Ignore and Get Away With?

This year my school is adopting Leader in Me.  This program is based on Stephen Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, but it is for elementary schools.

We spent time as a staff this summer going over the four quadrants for time management.

The idea of this time management plan is to spend most of your time in Quadrant 2 and minimize the other three.  I summarized this plan with the question "What can I ignore and get away with?"

Educators are bombarded with expectations. I want to think through what I really need to accomplish and what I want to let go.

I already shared my philosophy with my principal.  She thought it was a good question.
What can you ignore?
To download a four quadrant worksheet, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...