Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Free Poetry Teaching Resources



Frequent readers of this blog know how much I love to read, write and teach poetry.  Here are two forever freebies in my Teachers Pay Teachers and Teacher's Notebook Stores.

List Poems has four original examples and directions for students to write their own poems.  You can download List Poems from my Teachers Pay Teachers store here.  List Poems is also available on Teacher's Notebook.


I developed the lessons in Color Poems to teach my students about figurative language.
Download Color Poems: Exploring Metaphors and Similes at Teachers Pay Teachers, or Color Poems: Exploring Metaphors and Similes at Teacher's Notebook.


I also keep Poems of Silliness, a blog with poems I have written that are appropriate for use in an elementary school.  Click the tags on the right hand side to find specific poetry forms.

Happy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...