Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jake Ransom Series by James Rollins


I read the second book in the Jake Ransom series last month and liked it better than the first book in the series. 

Jake Ransom and the Skull King's Shadow, the first book, made me think about what would happen if a young Indiana Jones met up with mythological characters from the Rick Riordan series.  There was plenty of adventure and suspense.  It lacked the humor of the Riordan books.

In Jake Ransom and the Howling Sphinx, Jake and his sister Kady are called back to the land and time that the Skull King wishes to rule.  They battle sandstorms, Neferiti, and the Skull King himself.

I would recommend this book to students who like Indiana Jones, Percy Jackson, and the Kane Chronicles.

Here is a free printable summary organizer called Elements and Events.


I give this book a red ribbon.  For an explanation of my rating system, click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...