Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger


When I first saw this series, I had low expectations.  I started reading these books over the summer and was pleasantly surprised.  Each book features a character from Star Wars made out of origami.  One of the characters in the book uses it as a finger puppet to answer the questions posed by other characters.  The problems these students have are typical of ten to thirteen-year-olds.  When they follow the advice these finger puppets dispense, problems are solved somewhat unexpectedly.

What I liked about this book is each chapter is a short story told from the point of view of a different character.  The incidents are funny.  Star Wars' fans will find many references.

Update June 2014: Here is a free worksheet for students to analyze an event in the story from multiple points of view.

To find out more about my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...