Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Juvie Three by Gordon Korman


I would definitely recommend reading this with middle school students and discussing the relationships and the choices the characters make. It is not a book I would share with my fourth graders.

Gecko, Terence, and Ajay are in juvenile detention centers until Douglas Healy brings them to his group home to help them make it in society.  When something happens to Douglas, their group home should be disbanded, but the three boys continue as though nothing has happened to keep out of detention.

Here is a graphic organizer for readers to note how a character's strength might also cause problems.




For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...