Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My Tribute to E. L. Konigsburg


I am sorry to report that one of my favorite authors is gone.  E. L. Konigsburg who wrote From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler has passed away.

I loved her books growing up, and I currently own a class set of "Mixed-up Files" to share with my students.  If you aren't familiar with the story, a brother and sister run away to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan.  They investigate a mystery of a small statue that may have been created by Michelangelo.

This book captured my imagination because I loved mysteries and I loved being independent.  (Those who know me in real life can attest to this.)



For an explanation of my rating scale, click here.
Find me at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...